Vegetable Manchurian 滿州齋菜丸
Title: Delicious Vegetable Manchurian: A Flavourful Indo-Chinese Delight
Meta Description: Vegetable Manchurian is a delectable Indo-Chinese dish that combines the goodness of fresh vegetables with a tangy and flavorful sauce. Learn how to make this mouthwatering dish at home with our easy-to-follow recipe.
Vegetable Manchurian is a beloved Indo-Chinese dish that has won the hearts and taste buds of people around the world. It is a delightful combination of finely chopped mixed vegetables, formed into dumplings, and cooked in a luscious sauce. This recipe perfectly balances the fresh crunch of vegetables with the bold flavors of garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and other aromatic spices. Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking for a flavorful dish to enjoy, Vegetable Manchurian is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Recipe for Vegetable Manchurian:
– 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, etc.), finely chopped
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons corn flour
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon chili sauce
– 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
– 1 teaspoon vinegar
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Salt to taste
– Vegetable oil for deep frying
– Spring onions, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped vegetables, all-purpose flour, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Mix well to form a sticky mixture.
2. Shape the mixture into small, bite-sized balls and set them aside.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or wok over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, carefully drop the vegetable balls into the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oil and drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. In a separate pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
6. Add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir well to combine the flavors.
7. In a small bowl, mix corn flour with a little water to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
8. Add the fried vegetable balls to the sauce and toss gently until they are coated evenly.
9. Garnish with chopped spring onions for added freshness and flavor.
10. Serve hot Vegetable Manchurian as an appetizer or as a main course with steamed rice or noodles.
Vegetable Manchurian is a delightful dish that brings together the best of Indian and Chinese flavors. The crispy vegetable dumplings soaked in a tangy and savory sauce make for an irresistible combination. With this simple recipe, you can recreate the magic of Vegetable Manchurian in the comfort of your own kitchen. So, gather your favorite vegetables, roll up your sleeves, and treat yourself to this delicious Indo-Chinese delight that is sure to leave you craving for more.